Don't know where to start with collating your wedding guest RSVP's? By post is an arduous task and a text message or email is likely to get lost... Build your wedding website with our planning tools and you won't have to lift a finger!
Here's a step-by-step guide of how to collect your RSVP's via our planning tool, Planning Pod (you gain access to this portal as a Wedding & Reception client) - your wedding planning journey is about to get a whole lot easier!
1. Add your guest list to the Attendee List tool
Option 1: Your guest list is already in a spreadsheet
- Export your spreadsheet as a CSV file (ensure you have your columns set up with first name, last name etc).
- Click 'Import/Export' in the Attendee List tool in Planning Pod. Click 'From a CSV File' & follow the prompts.
- Your guest list will automatically import.
Option 2: Your guest list is on pen and paper
- Click 'Add New Attendee' in the Planning Pod Attendee List tool.
- Enter the guest first name and last name. Press 'Save'.
- Follow this process for all guests.
You can add in some basic dietary requirements in this page as well, under 'Meal Choices'. Click 'Add' and add any dietary requirements that guests may have, such as Gluten Free, Vegan etc.
2. Create your Event Webpage
- Click the 'Event Webpage' tool from your event dashboard.
- Customise your webpage to suit your tastes - change the colours, add photo's, change the layout.
- You'll see the 'RSVP Panel Headline' - this is where guests will enter in their details to update their RSVP.
- Click on 'RSVP settings' on the right hand side.
- Next to 'RSVP Questions Created', click 'View & Manage'. Add any questions that you like, such as 'A song you'd like to hear at our wedding' or 'do you require a seat on the bus', or a really handy one that we recommend 'do you have any other specific dietary requirements'. If you've added in the 'Meal Choices' options (see end of Step 1), your guests will be able to select any basic dietary requirements, or note any other specific requirements'.
3. Make your webpage live!
- In the Event Webpage tool, click the pencil icon next to the Event Webpage URL at the top of the page. You can customise this address however you'd like (this is the address your guests will enter in to their browser, or the address you'll note on your invitations.
- In the top right hand corner of the page, click the slider from 'Offline' to 'Online'
- Your webpage is now live and ready to collect RSVP's!